Manager and supervising trial and appellate attorney for The Odom Firm since 2001.
UNC-Chapel Hill, B.A. in political science 1983.
Wake Forest University Law School 1987.
SINCE 1988, REPRESENTING PEOPLE AND BUSINESSES
- Whose property has been taken, or had its value reduced by the government.
- Who have been injured by the wrongful conduct of others in serious personal injury and wrongful death cases.
- Family - three children, Tripp, Annie and Max, his wife, Martha, and their dog, Yogi.
- Practicing yoga, cooking, playing guitar and bass with his band Roadkil, making and writing “stuff”, and fishing.
- Coached for the Charlotte Junior Soccer League.
- Served on a number of boards for local art and environmental non-profit organizations.
- Volunteer with Urban Ministry Center Soup Kitchen.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- North Carolina, 1988
- United States District Court, Western District of North Carolina, 1988
- United States Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit, 1988
- United States Supreme Court, 2010
- Wake Forest University School of Law, Winston-Salem, North Carolina, J.D., 1987
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.A., 1983
REPORTED APPELLATE DECISIONS
- Fraser v. Littlejohn, 96 N.C. App. 377, 386 S.E. 2d 230 (1989)
- Fraser v. Littlejohn, 96 N.C. App. 388, 386 S.E. 2d 237 (1989)
- Northwestern Fin. Group, Inc. v. County of Gaston, 329 N.C. 180, 405 S.E. 2d 138 (1991)
- Department of Transportation v. Elm Land, 163 N.C. App. 257, 599 S.E. 2d 42 (2004)
- Department of Transportation v. Elm Land, 358 N.C. 542, 593 S.E.2d 131 (2004)
- City of Charlotte v. Hurlahe, 631 S.E. 2d 28 (N.C. App. 2006)
- Marie T. Formyduval, as Administratrix of the Estate of Hartwell B. Formyduval and Joey Formyduval, v. William S. Britt, 361 NC 215 (2007)
- City of Charlotte v. Combs, 719 S.E.2d 59 (N.C. App.) (2011)
- Springs v. City of Charlotte, 209 N.C. App. 271, 704 S.E.2d 319 (2011)
- Springs v. City of Charlotte, 730 S.E.2d 803 (N.C. App.) (2012)
- Waldron v. Batten, 191 N.C. App. 237 (N.C. Ct. App. 2008)
- Wallace Farm, Inc. v. City of Charlotte, 203 N.C. App. 144, 689 S.E.2d 922 (2010)
- Kern v. Creative Entertainment, Inc., 130 N.C. App. 611, 506 S.E. 2d 492 (1998)
- Understanding Eminent Domain for Engineers
- Eminent Domain Statutory and Case Law update, NCAJ, 2006 - Present
- Appellate Practice for the General Practitioner in NC
- New Cost Statute on Expert Witnesses
- Landlord/Tenant Issues: How much does the Tenant Get
- Direct and Cross Examinations: 60 Tips in 60 Minutes
- Negotiation: When to Hold Them and When to Fold Them
- Hearings to Determine Issues Other Than Damages and Pre-Trial Motions
- Revised Rule of Evidence 702(a) and Appraisal Methodology and Admissibility
HONORS AND AWARDS
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- North Carolina Bar Association
- The American Association for Justice
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice